Trippin All India - Day 1



Finally, the wait is over! The dream has started taking shape with the first leg of the journey to Badami Cave temples. This is a trip that will cover many parts of the most diverse Country in the World - India. 


The journey will take us through different states where we will meet different people and see places where stalwarts have left their mark forever. 


The plan of traversing our country was seeded long ago after talking to some of the friends who have done this several times during their lifetime. The idea of understanding our Country first hand is an experience that will help realise the value of what people have done and how they lived their lives. 


During this trip we are going to visit historical places with lot of significance, see wildlife, watch birds, meet people, see awe inspiring architecture and do many more things.... So stay with me on this..


Not to forget! this is a trip by road on a four wheeler! I / we will be travelling through the length and breadth of India!


I will be uploading blogs and live vlogs (instagram - @rajmattada). Do see them and send your wishes!


Day 1 - Drive from Bangalore to Badami



Journey started at 5:30 AM from Bangalore. The Bangalore - Chitradurga highway (NH 48) was flooded with trucks and motorcycle enthusiasts. The motorcyclists were on their way to Goa for Rider Mania and was nice to see many of them zip by.

As soon as I hit Chitradurga we took a diversion towards Hospete on the Chitradurga - Hospet (NH - 50) highway. This is an amazing and wonderful stretch. On either side of the road we could see hundreds of windmills which were erected within agricultral fields.

I also got an opportunity to get close to one of them. They are massive and wonderful to see.



By this time I was close to Badami and as it had to happen, lost my route and got into a small village! A nice drive though. Could spot green bee-eaters, bulbuls, Indian Rollers and House Sparrows.


After reaching Krishna Villa a nice peaceful homestay, a well appointed room with all basic amenities was alloted. Hot meals was served. This place is located very close to the Badami caves (400 m). 


The caves are open from morning 6 to evening 6 and by the time I reached the location it was already 5:50 PM, so I decided to visit tomorrow.


But the outer view is just awesome and I was spellbound seeing how it has been carved out! Here is a pic More to come tomorrow!








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Naragarhole & Kutta

Visit to the Lost River

An Eco-System for Birds & Butterflies